Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Omen Desktop 870-224
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Recently my desktop took a short tumble. I'm talking like, it was pushed over, and hit the ground. Since then, it blue screened three times, and when I tried updating to the newest windows update, it refuses to boot up. I let it try to do a repair on itself but it gave me a screen saying it could not be repaired. Since than it never goes past the Omen logo screen. I popped it open to see if anything popped out of place or got jostled but there was already a lot of stuff unplugged that I can't remember it it had always been like that or not. It turns on fine, no noises or stutters, but I fear it's still a hardware issue. Please help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello
check if it is this model

870-224 Product Specifications
When a tower computer suffers a shock, most of the time it is the hard drive that cannot support it!
With a little "luck" it may just be the hard drive
Do the tests HDD as shown here:

https://support.hp.com/ca-en/document/c03467259

You would simply need to replace the Hard Disk if it is out of order, you can do it yourself, and it won't cost you much.

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@GizmoMartin 

Apart from the "hardened" laptops the military uses, laptops are not designed to survive being dropped.  The usual casualty is the hard drive -- which will often simply not work after that.  But other issues, including fine cracks in the motherboard traces and cracks in the screen, can also happen.

We have no diagnostics you can download and run to examine motherboard for cracks.

You would need to contact an HP Repair or Service Center to have them examine it to find out if it can be fixed and what that would cost.

Since you live in the U.S., here is a link to the HP Service Repair Centers:
https://www.service-center-locator.com/hp-hewlett-packard/hp-hewlett-packard-service-center.htm

Good Luck

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

Hello
check if it is this model

870-224 Product Specifications
When a tower computer suffers a shock, most of the time it is the hard drive that cannot support it!
With a little "luck" it may just be the hard drive
Do the tests HDD as shown here:

https://support.hp.com/ca-en/document/c03467259

You would simply need to replace the Hard Disk if it is out of order, you can do it yourself, and it won't cost you much.

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.