Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
OMEN by HP Obelisk Desktop 875-0034
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello, does anyone know if its possible to purchase recovery media for my OMEN by HP Obelisk Gaming Desktop? If so, where? Thank you!

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi:

Your PC should be supported by the HP cloud recovery tool, which you can use to create a bootable USB recovery drive that will reinstall W10, the drivers and the software that originally came with your PC.

Here is an info link for how to use that utility...

HP Consumer PCs - Using the HP Cloud Recovery Tool (Windows 10, 7) | HP® Customer Support

HP Recommended

Unfortunately, my PC is currently not accessible.  I wiped all drives in preparation for a full reboot. Even more unfortunate is that the recovery USB I created was damaged and is no longer usable.

HP Recommended

Can I install the program and download the appropriate recovery media on another PC and then use that to create a recovery drive?

HP Recommended

You can use the tool on another Windows PC running W7 64 bit or newer and buy a 32 GB USB flash drive, which will be a whole lot cheaper than paying HP $50 - $60 for the same thing you can make for the cost of a 32 GB USB flash drive.

Otherwise, here is the online form to order recovery media for your PC...

Order software and driver media OMEN by HP Obelisk Desktop 875-0034 | HP® Customer Support

Another thing you can do is to use the Microsoft media creation tool from the link below to reinstall W10.

Download Windows 10 (microsoft.com)

Once you get W10 on there you can use the cloud recovery tool.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.