Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
p5u69ut
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Where can I find the drivers for the PCI Serial Port on this machine ?  I loaded all the drivers from HP for this macine after an upgrade to windows 7 enterprise and this driver is not available.  Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

You need this driver...manually install it if the auto install method doesn't work.

This package provides the Intel Management Engine Components Driver for supported desktop models that are running a supported operating system. 

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp75001-75500/sp75384.exe

View solution in original post

20 REPLIES 20
HP Recommended

Hi:

You need this driver...manually install it if the auto install method doesn't work.

This package provides the Intel Management Engine Components Driver for supported desktop models that are running a supported operating system. 

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp75001-75500/sp75384.exe

HP Recommended

Thank you it worked fine....

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

HP Recommended

I have almost the same problem, but I am running Windows 10 pro on my HP Compaq 8200 Elite Convertible Minitower PC.  The device manager has under OTHER  DEVICES : the triangle with the excimation point  Next to that it states : PCI SERIAL PORT.  I tried to update the drivers and that didn't work.  It said it could not find anything online.  Next I went to each of the processors (quad core) and tried to update them.  They said they were up to date.  So anyone have any other ideas?  They only cover up to win 8 64 bit in the drivers area. 

HP Recommended

Hi:

For the 8200 Elite, you need this driver...Works on W10.

This package contains the Intel Active Management Technology (AMT) Driver for supported models running a supported operating system. 

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp69501-70000/sp69506.exe

HP Recommended

This is saying I am trying to install a driver older than the one I have. 

HP Recommended

OK...

Here's what I think the problem is....I have 2 8200 Elite CMT's running W10 so I know that is the driver you need.

But...Windows 10 must have installed the driver for the Intel Management Engine Interface (IMEI)  and the driver I posted contains both the driver for the IMEI and the PCI Serial Port.

So, when you ran the driver, the 'gatekeeper' says you are trying to install an older driver for the IMEI and quits.

Here's what you need to do...Manually install the driver as follows, so you bypass the gatekeeper.

Go to the device manager and click on the PCI Serial Port needing the driver.

Click on the driver tab.  Click on Update Driver.

Select the Browse my computer for driver software option, and browse to the driver folder that was created when you ran the file.

That folder will be located in C:\SWSetup\sp69506.

Make sure the Include Subfolders box is checked and the driver should install.

Then restart the PC.

HP Recommended

This worked this time.  Thank you for your help.  Amusing story.  This exact same computer was listed online for $1,325.93 + s/h out of some company called compsource.  I bought mine with a slightly smaller Hdd for $180.00.  Question Which area would be best to post in for questions about the max hardware specs for this computer?  

HP Recommended

> This exact same computer was listed online for $1,325.93 + s/h out of some company called compsource

That item probably was "new old stock" -- the computer has never been unboxed and used -- literally sitting on a shelf, gathering dust, for many years.

The point is that some computer programs that were created for a specific purpose, e.g., to control an electronic microscope, had EXTREMELY STRICT specifications on what hardware works with that vendor's "process-control" software.

So, when such a computer "dies", the client who bought the package from that vendor needs an *IDENTICAL* replacement computer, not something "about" the same.  So, companies like that COMPUSOURCE are there, to provide what the client *NEEDS* to purchase.

The price reflects the original price of the hardware, plus "storage-costs" for many years.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.