Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
hp pavilion x360 convertible 15-cr0xxx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

See i have recently changed my hardrive due overheating of the laptop, so i gave it for repair and installed new barracuda harddrive of 1TB and unfortunately after the updates of windows 10 and all its other updates i had installed software and drivers from the HP website..so i didnt know the previous version of Intelr rapid storage technology and also i had installed intel software and  driver update detector.

Then i just installed Intelr rapid storage technology of 1809 were the other version 1909 didnt work,after installing it was saying my PCIe SSD is offline.

1-So my question is will clearing metadata will bring it back online?

2-Or should i non-optane it from the BIOS,but since i have windows installed on my Barracuda hard drive will it wipe everything in this hard drive too?

3-Or should i just disconnect my barracuda hardrive and then on the laptop head to BIOS setting then non optane it from the UEFi configuration?

4-Whats the data that is stored in an PCIe SSD?

i am urgently awaiting for an reply.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Andrew2468 Welcome to HP Community!

I understand that the PCIe SSD Offline.

Please provide the exact product number.

Please perform the below steps and check.

Set BIOS default and restart:

1. Restart your notebook.
  2. During startup, press F10 repeatedly until the BIOS menu is displayed.
  3. Once the BIOS menu is displayed, press F9 to restore factory defaults.
  4. Select Yes to confirm.
  5. Press F10 to save changes and exit.
  6. Select Yes to confirm.
  7. The computer restarts using the default settings.

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.