Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Envy 750-624 I7 intel Win 10 Professional
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I need to know if there is a DOS command to disable Power Saver Mode. I do music production and this will revert back from Ultimate Power randomly even though I tweaked all the settings as much as possible or what is the PC seeing that it determines to revert back. When this happens, the DAW will freeze due to a low power condition. I then have to reselect Ultimate power plan and am good to go for awhile. Really inconvenient.  

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@Billr920 

Here's a thread from the Microsoft forums about this:  https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_other-performance/computer-keeps-going-int...

Hope this helps.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

Thank you for your timely response. I have reviewed and found that is what I have set up in my power plan (Desktop PC) what happens is during a recording session which easily go into a hour, the pc is deciding to revert back to power save even though I have all settings changed in the power plan, including turning off all power restrictions for usb, processor etc...I power shelled Windows 10 Pro ultimate power plan which is hidden to the normal consumer. There must be a PS or DOS command to turn off HP Power save, I just have not found it yet!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.