Level 1
9 5 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Power and Sleep settings

HP Recommended
Envy 750-624 I7 intel Win 10 Professional
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I need to know if there is a DOS command to disable Power Saver Mode. I do music production and this will revert back from Ultimate Power randomly even though I tweaked all the settings as much as possible or what is the PC seeing that it determines to revert back. When this happens, the DAW will freeze due to a low power condition. I then have to reselect Ultimate power plan and am good to go for awhile. Really inconvenient.  

2 REPLIES 2
WAWood
Level 16
Level 16
32,677 32,577 2,961 7,274
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Billr920 

Here's a thread from the Microsoft forums about this:  https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_other-performance/computer-keeps-going-int...

Hope this helps.

***If my post helped, click the thumbs-up symbol to say thanks***

***Please mark Accept As Solution if my post solved your problem***

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
0 Kudos
Billr920
Author
Level 1
9 5 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you for your timely response. I have reviewed and found that is what I have set up in my power plan (Desktop PC) what happens is during a recording session which easily go into a hour, the pc is deciding to revert back to power save even though I have all settings changed in the power plan, including turning off all power restrictions for usb, processor etc...I power shelled Windows 10 Pro ultimate power plan which is hidden to the normal consumer. There must be a PS or DOS command to turn off HP Power save, I just have not found it yet!

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation