Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Hp pro 400 G5 core i7
Linux

I hv purchased a new system HP Pro 400 G5 core i7 8th Generation but unable to install Linux 6.0 on it. As while installation system hang at Language selection window.  please help me in this regard. 

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hello, what is the Linux distribution you have tried to installed?? And do you have tried an other distribution?? 

Sometimes new hardwares is not compatible with few distributions.. If you boot your PC to a live-CD or Live-USB media, can you boot?? 

If I have been answer to your question please accept it as a solution 🙂
I am Expert from French Community, and I am doing my best to help you with your question.

HP Recommended

Yes it boot with DVD & Usb but hang at first window (language setting) from both medias.

HP Recommended

@Alizafar 

You're not answer the question that @Fanordi posted, and that is hindering his efforts to help you.

Let me explain ...

You can not install LINUX on a PC, period! LINUX is an operating system KERNEL, and does not get installed as such. What DOES happen is that various organizations combine LINUX,. along with some OS files and drivers, and some applications, into packages known as Distributions -- and THOSE are what you install.

Example are Ubuntu, Mint, CentOS -- to name a few.  There are over 400 known distros, and which one you are trying to install is Important. 

He also needs to kow the specific VERSION  of the Distro you are using, such as v19.10 for Ubuntu.

Please provide him the information  he needs.  Thanks.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

Hello and thank you @WAWood

In effect @Alizafar , we need to know what is the system you have tried to install exactly, what distribution. Linux 6 is not the best stable kernel, so you can try a distribution more stable, same Ubuntu with a 4.x or 5.x kernel. 

I am Expert from French Community, and I am doing my best to help you with your question.

HP Recommended

I am using Linux Release 6.0 (Santiago)
Kernel 2.6.32-71.e16.x86_64
GNOME 2.28.2

HP Recommended

Hello, linux is not an operating system so we don't know what is your operating system.. But if you have a Linux kernel 2.x it is maybe a too old version.. 

If you enter this command in the terminal, what response do you have (when you boot in live system):

lsb_release

I recommend to you test a more recent operating system.. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.