Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP ENVY 23 ALL IN ONE
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I STARTED TO GET ERROR MESSAGE DID HARD DRIVE TEST BUT FAILED SO I REPLACED HARD DRIVE DID TEST AND PASSED BUT STILL HAVE ERROR NO BOOT DISK HAS BEEN DETECTED OR THE DISK HAS FAILED WHEN COMPUTER COMES ON SO I DONT KNOW IF I SHOULD GIVE UP OR DO I HAVE TO BUY SOFTWARE TO INSTALL IT OR 

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@TCUMBAS 

OK, you said you Replaced the failed drive, but did you do Anything to the new drive?

Because if it's blank, then of course, you are not going to be able to boot from it.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

Ok so it has to be blank because when I installed it nothing came up when I turned it on but hard drive passed so I would have to purchase windows disc to install it?!

HP Recommended

@TCUMBAS 

No, you would not.

How old is the PC?  Asking because if it is fairly new, you might be able to use HP Cloud Recovery tool to restore it.

HP Recommended

the pc is around 12 years old its been the best computer i ever own its an all in one i lost alot of memories in there 

HP Recommended

@TCUMBAS 

That's impressive!  So what did it come with, Win7?  

Unfortunately, only the newer PCs will work with HP Cloud Recovery and HP no longer stocks Win7 recovery media.

So, if you have to reset your PC, you would have to download and create media from Microsoft to reinstall Windows.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.