Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Spectre
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

My window 10, HP Spectre Laptop was working fine till afternoon and then I received an update from Windows on driver. I allowed windows to update it.

After some time Laptop restarted with error as VIDEO_TDR_FAILUER – igdkmd64.sys.

After many failed attempts to resolve issue and launch start menu. I recovered windows (date as today Morning).

Recovery was successful However after restart of Laptop got another error as BAD_SYSTEM_CONFIG_INFO.

Problem is I am not able to start windows and don’t know how to solve it.

Appreciate your help to fix it, don’t want to lose my University homework files ( if possible).

Thanks in advance

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi:

See if this works...Use the Media creation tool to create a bootable installation flash drive.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

Boot from the installation media and when you get to the Install Now screen, click on the Repair this PC option on the lower left side of that screen.

Watch this video and see if running one of the repair options using the command prompt will resolve the issue.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RawKUjSk_98&feature=emb_logo

You should get the advanced troubleshooting option to click on when you select the Repair your computer option.

If that does not work, then you can clean install W10 without losing files as long as you don't delete or format any partitions.

Boot from the installation media again and this time select Install Now.

When you get to the part of the script that asks 'Where do you want to Install Windows,' install Windows over the existing Windows installation, and it will create a Windows.old folder.

After W10 installs you can explore the Windows.old folder, find your old user profile and copy any files you want to keep onto a portable hard drive.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.