Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Pavilion P590-P0089
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

This is a weird issue. I had my Computer, a Pavilion P590-P0089 Desktop repaired via HP Warranty where the system board, PSU, and video card were replaced. When I got the system back the HDD was wiped and the recovery partition and everything was lost with just the basic WIndows 10 OS installed. I then tried my USB Recovery stick that I had purchased a year ago from the HP Store online. The recovery partitioned the computer drives, copied all files over, then when it does the installing software phase which is about an hour into the recovery the computer immediately restarts and has a fail message with no error other than to try retry. When I click retry it reboots and immediately fails again.

I also created the recovery tool from HP Cloud and this also ended up doing the same thing.

I chatted with HP Support and they shipped me the package to have my computer returned to HP to have the HDD repartitioned and restored from factory default. After a two week wait they returned the computer in the exact same state as when they originally wiped the drive where only the WIndows OS was installed. Suffice to say I wasn't impressed.

I am wondering what is preventing the software from being installed. I am not using any additions to the computer all the hardware is what came with the HP computer when I purchased it and only have the USB mouses and keyboard connected with my monitor during the phase.  Now that the recovery doesn't not go through I lost all the Cyberlink software and preinstalled software that came with the computer as when I firs purchased it.

Another puzzling issue is all the drivers from the HP Support Site are now all gone as of a few months ago. Now the only option is to order the recovery media (which I already had done and doesn't work) so now I cannot obtain any of the HP drivers for my computer. I advised HP support of this as well as the repair department and uncertain why this happened where the driver section is now gone for this particular model. I purchased this in November of 2018 as well.

It seems like my questions with repair/support are not getting remedied and I would hate to go trough the mail in repair service again to have everything installed as if was right out of the box when HP is not even doing that.

I also was advised by HP they don't recommend using the recovery partition to reinstall the software what is originally on the HDD when you buy the computer and to use the external media. Now that I have the proper external media on USB those also fail.

The motherboard appears programmed correctly and the windows key is in the UEFI programming of the BIOS and do not know why recovery methods are failing.

I am really hoping someone here had this issue and can help me get the recovery software back on the drive. 

As side note my specs are the AMD Ryzen 5 2400 CPU and has the AMD 550 2GB video card if this helps.

14 REPLIES 14
HP Recommended

Hi
Make, Model and OS please.
SKU: if possible by this method
WinKey + R and type
msinfo32
Read Line 9
System SKU: N6K07EA#ABU

Please do not post Serial Numbers.

The USB Recovery usually is locked to a particular model, and nothing else.  Even to the point of a specific HDD size.

HP Recommended

HWT.png

It also has system details to double check your details.

HP Recommended

System Model HP Pavilion 590-p0089 DT PC CAN/ENG

OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Home

System SKU 3LB23AA#ABL

Processor AMD Ryzen 5 2400G with Radeon Vega Graphics, 3600 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s)

BIOS Version/Date AMI F.41, 2020-02-07

BaseBoard Manufacturer HP

BaseBoard Product 8433

BaseBoard Version 11

these are the specs I hope ask. The recovery goes through the stages where after restores files, reboots, enters windows as administrator, says installing drivers ,and then will reboot and show the progress bar where it installs software. It gets almost to the halfway mark when it stops and says failed. When I monitor it it flickers the screen after does the video stuff and few mins later it auto reboots then says system restore fails with buttons to retry or to save a log report but it is to complex to interpret the log. I saved the log but  couldn't sent to HP Support because was too big to attach when I spoke to them before I had the computer sent in a second time to get recovery performed.

HP Recommended

I also installed Windows H/W Diagnostics and the fast test shows all passed as in your previous photo screenshot.

HP Recommended
HP Recommended

I'm not looking to installing windows by itself. I am wondering if the programming of the motherboard is preventing the recovery stick from working. If I cant get it working I'm out almost $100 from a stick I cannot use from HP...

HP Recommended

I also noticed the hardware diag that was on the UEFI partition was also removed... 

HP Recommended

https://support.hp.com/gb-en/product/hp-pavilion-desktop-pc-590-p0000a/19390500/model/21984442?sku=3...

http://partsurfer.hp.com/Search.aspx?searchText=3LB23AA

915620-001 WLAN - RT CHOPARD AC 1x1

So the actual drivers do seem to be removed.

If you put the part number into partsurfer....

Part number 915620-001 is used in more than 200 HP products. Click here to see the complete list of products.

So there should be drivers, well concealed, but findable.

The stick is tightly controlled to only install on the original equipment, changes to that specification can negate the use of the stick.

HP Recommended

I dont understand your last reply 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.