Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

OK. Thank you. I will now begin the installation and let you know what the result is.

HP Recommended

Thank you for your help. I was able to reinstall the operating system. A problem I am having now is that I can't download Google Chrome at all. I go to the download page, click on the blue Download Chrome button, but nothing happens. I like this as my default web browser and email. Could it be because I used a Windows Creation Tool that I created 2-3  years ago when I first got the computer to reinstall the OS and the Google Chrome web browser has been updated numerous times since then?. I tried everything to bring it up but I can't.

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

What I recommend is to update to the latest build of W10, by clicking on the blue Update Now button at the link below so that your PC continues to get the latest security updates and whatnot.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

Are you aware that Microsoft partnered with Google and they developed the new Edge Browser based on Google Chrome,

You may just want to use that instead.  You can download the updated version of Edge from the link below.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/edge

HP Recommended

Thank you very much. Before I click on the blue Update Now button, my computer is currently downloading Windows updates. When I reinstalled the OS, version 1703 was the one installed. Could I still click the Update Now button or should I wait until the installing and downloading of the Windows updates are complete?

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

I would wait until WU has done its thing.  Then proceed to update to the latest version of W10.

It may even show up under the WU settings when you restart the PC.

I think the update will be labeled 20H2.

HP Recommended

OK. Thank you so much.😊

HP Recommended

Anytime.

Glad to have been of assistance.

You may want to make an updated W10 installer using the media creation tool in case you need to reinstall W10 in the future.

Then you won't have to go through as many updates.

The Media creation tool is now making the W10 20H2 version.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.