Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Pavilion E6F15PA#AR6
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

I want to reset my windows. When I clon from HDD to SSD, windows recovery was not cloned due to some reason. I have the windows registration key, I try to download windows 8.1 from web site but always failed. I do have another windows 8.1 original DVD from other laptop, but it not accept my registration key. 

Pls help. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

i'm trying to download windows 8.1 english international version 64 ..
It's ok for the moment! time remaining 14 min

[edit]

no problem ...

try to download with another computer or/ and  check your internet connection
can you do other fairly large downloads ??

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hello
What's wrong with the download?
You can download windows 8 directly from microsoft to reinstall windows ..

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows8ISO
We have given this solution many times on the French forum, and there was no problem in general
your DVD must be only for this model and not another, for this it must not work
That said: "but it not accept my registration key."
The key being entered, in the system, normally we do not need to give it, unless this step can not be skipped?

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------

please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

Hi.. Thx for reply.

I did downloading from the same source.. But always failed. I don't know why. Internet, electricity, SSD space are good, stable. But always failed.

Do you have another source I can download?

And yes, with another DVD, I cannot skip that registration number. 

HP Recommended

this is the official site, if you try other sites you may have problems
Although some are probably correct, I can not give you other links.
If I understand correctly, you can not download the file?
I will test if I can ..
Can you use another computer?
what exactly happens when you download?

[edit]

I downloaded the Windows 8 French 64 bits version and no problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

HP Recommended

Yes, that's exactly what happened, download fail... I don't know why. I assume the link or files provider is broken. We'll, now I try to upgrade it to win10.. It's still downloading now.

But btw, I'm in Indonesia, but I can't find region Indonesia when I download win8.1... so I choose English, and English International on. Y second attemp... still failed. 

The reason I want to reset my WIN8. 1 is bcoz upon cloning, it took 70GB of my 128GB SSD only for Windows system.. Other personal files are in my HDD. So I want to get all windows reset factory setting, hoping that it will reduce the SSD usage (for system) 

HP Recommended

i'm trying to download windows 8.1 english international version 64 ..
It's ok for the moment! time remaining 14 min

[edit]

no problem ...

try to download with another computer or/ and  check your internet connection
can you do other fairly large downloads ??

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

HP Recommended

I will try with another laptop. The internet is fine I believe. But, if I failed in another computer, can you download and Google-share it? That's some option... 

HP Recommended

Sorry, that doesn't seem like a good idea to me
I don't use this system, and my internet speed seems a bit limited for large files
I can download, more or less quickly, but to upload a file it can take me at least two hours.
try to find someone near you to download the iso
If no way I'll see if I can find a solution

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.