Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

I reseted my computer and now it has windows 11 installed buy I truly don´t like this version and I want to go back to the old one, the problem is that the option GOBACK is not present on the computer anymore. What can I do?

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

hi

check and try

HP Consumer PCs - Using the HP Cloud Recovery Tool (Windows 10, 7) | HP® Customer Support

or use microsoft media

https://www.microsoft.com/fr-fr/software-download/windows10

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

@Luanamacadamia 

WHY did you force a reset -- because you did not like Windows 11?

If it came with Win11, a reset would reinstall that.

Also, if you FORCE Win10 onto it, from media you create from MS, it will have only Generic drivers, not HP drivers, and after that, some of the hardware is liable NOT to work properly.

So BEFORE you do that, read the info below about saving off the HP drivers -- so you can restore them afterward:

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/68426-backup-restore-device-drivers-windows-10-a.html

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

You might want to hold off going back to 10 as Microsoft had been listening and has made a lot of changes to improve.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/other/windows-11-is-getting-new-touch-gestures-start-menu-folders-an...

Thank you for using HP products and posting to the community.
I am a community volunteer and do not work for HP. If you find
this post useful click the Yes button. If I helped solve your
problem please mark this as a solution so others can find it
HP Recommended

@Luanamacadamia  please give more precision, because otherwise we will answer you in all directions

Start by giving the exact model of your computer
and its original installed windows version

If as I thought at the beginning, you had windows 10, then installed windows 11, but that does not suit you, you can try what I have already said

If the computer is original with windows 11, but you don't like this version, actually it may be better to get used to it
I'm not sure if it's possible to install windows 10 without needing to buy a license

Hello

[start]This is an automatic response
in order to avoid writing the same thing each time

Some elements may therefore not apply to you 
To be able to answer you effectively, we need some information

we need the exact model of your computer, and the product number
To find it follow this
for a desktop computer

HP Desktop PCs - How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number? | HP® Customer Support
and for a laptop
HP Notebook PCs - How Do I Find My Product Name or Number? | HP® Customer Support

Give the full name with the product number P / N

this is not a model:
HP Desktop M01-F1xxx
the requested product number must look like this
Product Number: 9EE50AA # ABA
the model corresponding to this number will therefore be
HP Desktop - M01-F1033wb

Give the full version of windows

for windows 10 type winver in the search box
if you give the best information
your problem could have a solution more quickly (depending on the difficulty, of course)

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------

please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

My computer is a  HP Pavilion x360 Convertible 14-ba1xx

Was originally windows 10 

I updated the computer beacuse I thought it was just a normal update but actually It was the windows 11. There was bottom that said go back to windows 10, and I click it and everything went normal. 

Then My computer was like very slow so I decided to reset it to clean it and stuff, I surely did not know that by doing that the windows 11 will come back. And I feel more comftable with the old version I rather go back, so if could tell me why, what should I do, I will be very grateful. Thank you very much in advance, I hope that this information is enough, if you need something else, just ask 🙂

HP Recommended

So read only my previous answer, I gave you the possible solution
if you don't have the option, or not possible to create your recovery kit, use the cloud version if possible, or a microsoft media!

Creating and Using a Microsoft Recovery USB Drive (Windows 10)

How to reset your computer to factory settings in Windows 10

Obtaining PC recovery USB drives or discs

following the upgrade to windows 11 the recovery system may no longer be usable directly, so you will need a usb key

HP Consumer PCs - Using the HP Cloud Recovery Tool (Windows 10, 7) | HP® Customer Support

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.