Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Omni 120 all-in-one PC
Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit)

I have not use my computer for a while, when I turned it on I couldn’t remember the password that I set as the administrator of the computer.

I Like to reset the password so that I can get on my computer and start using it again but I don’t know how to do that. I also wanted to install a new version of Microsoft word and office,But again I need that password. Can anyone help?

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@Ena03 

I'm really sorry that we can not help you with this, but Community policy prohibits us from assisting you in any way with bypassing or resetting passwords.

For Admin password resets, you have to contact your regional HP Customer Support location directly for assistance.
https://www8.hp.com/ru/ru/contact-hp/phone-assist.html

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

Dear Ena,

Assuming you are the legitimate user/owner of the computer: HP (inhouse) product services can provide a password reset, but you must contact them. This Community Forum is hosted by HP - nominally for HP users - and staffed mostly by HP staff/Agents, working in their own private (not paid) time ... however it is not HP (inhouse).

Legality issues arise in certain jurisdictions (ie, aiding and abetting in the commission of a felony ...); should a password reset be provided to someone who has stolen a computer.

Your request, thus, puts HP volunteers (all) - like WAWood, esq., in what is called a "Double Jeopardy" situation.

... just to explain the holistic situation.

I am not bound by the same, as I have ranking seniority in statutory security (allied/all) domains. Most (G20/CHOGM) rely on software/applications/equipment, I originated/designed.

So -

a). for HP Bios, your need go top HP/HP Agent and establish your bonifide`s  (proof of valid/legal ownership) - then they will provide a single-use/time-out bypass key;

b). for Windows - it has become common for Windows Update and Roll-Back, to scramble user account/ID and passwords, thus MicroSoft provide password recovery/reset software ... at the MicroSoft Client (customer) Service or Support sites.

Those are MicroSoft specific sites. You need go to MicroSoft/Windows support to access the detail/files.

Appreciate the stance/position taken by HP/its Staff - on these issues - protects you/your equipment. Otherwise thieves could pinch it, then on-sell it the same day.

Cheers,

Rick.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.