Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP 15T
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

Hi! I was resetting my computer without files to send out for warranty repair and several hours into it it is asking me to accept- F1  or reject F2  a TPM change. I found a forum that said to accept it, but when I enter it I just a loud beep. It seems it’s frozen. If I restart, that’s all I get. Help! 😊

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Amymoe,

I reviewed your post and I understand that the computer is not booting to Windows after clearing TPM.

Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

I recommend you follow the below steps and check if it helps.

1. Boot computer using F10 into the BIOS setup mode.
  2. Locate the “Security” option on the left and expand.
  3. Locate the “TPM” option nested under the “Security” setting.
  4. To clear the TPM you must check the box saying: “Clear” to clear the TPM hard drive security encryption.

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

P.S: Welcome to the HP Support Community 😊

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

@Amymoe wrote:

Hi! I was resetting my computer without files to send out for warranty repair and several hours into it it is asking me to accept- F1  or reject F2  a TPM change. I found a forum that said to accept it, but when I enter it I just a loud beep. It seems it’s frozen. If I restart, that’s all I get. Help! 😊

And I really don’t know what type of windows 10 it is

HP Recommended

@Amymoe,

I reviewed your post and I understand that the computer is not booting to Windows after clearing TPM.

Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

I recommend you follow the below steps and check if it helps.

1. Boot computer using F10 into the BIOS setup mode.
  2. Locate the “Security” option on the left and expand.
  3. Locate the “TPM” option nested under the “Security” setting.
  4. To clear the TPM you must check the box saying: “Clear” to clear the TPM hard drive security encryption.

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

P.S: Welcome to the HP Support Community 😊

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Yes! I tried everything else and that worked! Thanks so much! XO

HP Recommended

@Amymoe,

Perfect, I am really glad to hear that!

If any other questions arise, please feel free to write back to me.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I have a similar problem but I can not run the BIOS via F10 key. Every time I press F1/F2, the computer restarts and I get the same screen again.

tpm.jpg

Best regards

HP Recommended

@tama4 Welcome to HP Community!

Please provide the correct model number.

Note: Please ensure the complete product name/number for a quicker response from the community, as we need to know what we are dealing with to provide an accurate solution: 

Click here for steps on finding the information we need!

Remember: Do not share any of your personal information such as serial, phone number, email ID, etc.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03754824

Please update the BIOS and check for the issue.

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

HP Recommended

Model number: VB511AV

HP EliteBook2740p

I can't run the BIOS via F10 key and boot from anything. 

How do I update the bios?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.