Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Compaq LA2306x
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

Hello!

Can anyone help with monitors & display resolution issues?

I've just done a clean install of Windows 10 on my PC.  I'm having problems with setting the display resolution to match the monitor.

I have the HP Compaq LA2306x monitor, which I've seen should be 1920 x 1080. This option is not possible when I look in the control panel display settings. I've tried all the resolutions that are available and things look out of proportion. 

Can anyone help, or have any suggestions?

I've also tried updating the drivers for the display adapters (microsoft basic display adapter) and the monitor (generic non-PnP monitor) but Windows says the best drivers are already installed. Also, not sure if it makes any difference, but I previously used Windows 7 and the monitor display looked okay.

Kind regards,

pamo

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Update to this post......With help from a relative, this issue has been resolved!

In case it might help other newbies like me, here are the steps taken to fix -  I found the model number of the motherboard, and then downloaded the driver (for the VGA) from the manufacturer's website. (Although one specifically for a WIndows 10 OS was not available, the Windows 7 version worked fine.) All good!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Update to this post......With help from a relative, this issue has been resolved!

In case it might help other newbies like me, here are the steps taken to fix -  I found the model number of the motherboard, and then downloaded the driver (for the VGA) from the manufacturer's website. (Although one specifically for a WIndows 10 OS was not available, the Windows 7 version worked fine.) All good!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.