Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Pavilion
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

After getting an update for Windows 10 last week, my desktop entered the endless loop of the blue screen of death. So after consulting the Help site via my phone, I opted to back up files to a USB drive and reset the computer. The only thing on the computer worth saving were my son's Minecraft worlds. Now the computer has reset, I restored the files from the USB drive to a folder on my hard drive. However, how do I isolate the files containing my son's worlds and get them up and running? I can't find anything in the community or on the Internet helping me with this quandary. 

Please help!

Thanks in advance, all!

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@kellyincali13 

You have to use SAME software which you used to backup to restore files/applications if it allowed you to restore just ONE application otherwise you have to restore all files, again using SAME software. Each backup software has different way to restore backup files in the right order, copy and paste won't work.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.