Student
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Restoring Minecraft worlds after HP Recovery and Restore

Pavilion
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

After getting an update for Windows 10 last week, my desktop entered the endless loop of the blue screen of death. So after consulting the Help site via my phone, I opted to back up files to a USB drive and reset the computer. The only thing on the computer worth saving were my son's Minecraft worlds. Now the computer has reset, I restored the files from the USB drive to a folder on my hard drive. However, how do I isolate the files containing my son's worlds and get them up and running? I can't find anything in the community or on the Internet helping me with this quandary. 

Please help!

Thanks in advance, all!

1 REPLY 1
Provost Provost
Provost
77,521 76,932 9,449 20,440
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Restoring Minecraft worlds after HP Recovery and Restore

@kellyincali13 

You have to use SAME software which you used to backup to restore files/applications if it allowed you to restore just ONE application otherwise you have to restore all files, again using SAME software. Each backup software has different way to restore backup files in the right order, copy and paste won't work.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation