Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Desktop - 560-p101nt
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Greetings, I deleted 300 GB data from my hard disk manually. when I start the Windows in next day, it show me black screen with next text:

SMART Hard Disk Error

The SMART hard disk error check detected an imminent failure. To ensure not data loss, please backup the content immediately and run the Hard Disk Test in System Diagnostics.

Hard Disk 3 (309)

I tried to test it from System Diagnostics but my hard disk pass both tests. So I continue to startup and everything was fine. Then i opened HD Support Assistant, goes to HP PC Hardware Diagnostics and started Hard Drive Self Test. But it's failed. Here is the result:

TestVersion = 1.2.0.0
TestId = 53a826d5-9440-4b66-8cab-bf8a44956a7e
StartTime = 2021-08-06T07:21:46
ExecutionDuration = 00:02:07
Result = ExecutionFailed
ErrorCode = 304
FailureId = GLXT9S-000ANS-9XPGQK-614V13
==================================================
ShortDST failed: WDC WD20EZRZ-60Z5HB0, WD-WCC4M4HRX1J6
The previous self-test completed having a test element that failed and the test element that failed is not known
(0x4)

I can't understand. Everything was normal on startup System Diagnostics, but when i tried it from HP Support Assistant it has failed. By the way in HP Support Assistant, In the Storage section it says my Hard Disk is failed.

I tried to restart my computer but same things. So what should I do? Could it be because of the 300GB data that I deleted?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

You have bad sectors
your hard drive, risk of crashing permanently, anytime
It may continue to run for a while, you may be able to place data, files, etc.
but at any time you could definitely lose what's on it
What I told you may be a workaround, but it's not magic, you will need to replace the HDD at some point.

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

@1231313 

Sadly to say: Most of the time the 24 char disk failure id indicates the HDD is failing and it needs to be replaced.. Is it still under warranty ? If NOT, you have to replace yourself then rebuild your machine.

For (original) Windows 10. Please use Cloud Recovery tool:

https://support.hp.com/au-en/document/c06162205

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Are you sure? I can't know better than a Expert but everything is normal right now. Just HP Support Assistant says there is a problem. When I right click my hard disk from folders and do a scan it found nothing.  And this error did not exist before deleting 300 GB. I thought HP Software thinks there is a problem in disk when i deleted so much stuff. By the way I couldn't find anything on the internet about error code. Please think about again. Thank you for your reply.

HP Recommended

hi

Simply deleting files is probably not the cause
Your computer can work normally, since you have an SSD drive and another HDD drive
the error obviously relates to the HDD disk.
so yes it is practically certain
If you have the option, move all the files to external media you have on the hdd
Format it completely
test it again

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-pavilion-560-p100-desktop-pc-series/13823511/model/15509698/...

Warranty type

Manufacturer Warranty

Service type

Wty: HP HW Maintenance Offsite Support

Status

Expired

Service type

Wty: HP Support for Initial Setup

Status

Expired

Failure ID Tag Checksum Test Date Failure Code Device Includes Error Message
GLXT9S-000ANS-9XPGQK-614V13OK8/6/21304StorageFloppy Drive, Hard Drive, Memory Drive, Optical Drive, SCSI, Tape DriveHard Disk 2 Quick Test Failure

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------

please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

Thank you for your reply. I will try format it for the best. But there is something I can't understand. I can use all of my folders, software, can change directions, delete or download something directly in my hard disk, not other storage devices. I will definitely format it but what is the problem? And what if I keep using it normally? Thank you for your attention again.

By the way there is HDTune feedback:

1231313_2-1628256961305.png1231313_3-1628256975497.png

1231313_4-1628257056095.png

HP Recommended

You have bad sectors
your hard drive, risk of crashing permanently, anytime
It may continue to run for a while, you may be able to place data, files, etc.
but at any time you could definitely lose what's on it
What I told you may be a workaround, but it's not magic, you will need to replace the HDD at some point.

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

HP Recommended

Okay then. Thanks for your attention.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.