Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Is there a way to revive  a SSD drive that cant be mounted after SMART Hard Drive Detects Imminent Failure message?

Disk management programs and clone programs can see the partitions but can not change it.

It was possible to make a  perfectly working clone of the SSD drive to an other.

It  bugs me to say goodbye  to the 2 TB SSD  though, as apparently the the operating system itself contained on the disk has no flaws.

Tried several ways and utilities to initialize or mount the SSD drive but its still in la la land.

((shakes  the SSD  insanely screaming let me in Let me in))

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi
if you have already tried different solutions then no!
and anyway, it may be temporary if it succeeds
see what i say in this macro
If the reader is no longer readable, then difficult to make an image
And if you succeed, it may lead to problems with the new SSD
A copy with errors is not ideal
But in any case, the best thing is to test

-----------------------------

This is a macro, recorded answer, read the following carefully, and see according to your own problem.
If you have any doubts, ask me, I will try to answer the best
you have an error message, or a problem with the hard drive (or SSD)
this indicates that your hard drive is certainly damaged
Depending on the error, and its condition, it may fail anytime.
maybe it doesn't work anymore
First of all, you can try to recover personal data

Once your data has been saved
You can either follow the following or buy a new hard drive directly!
What I am indicating now is just a rescue option
If it works, it will be temporary, back up your data regularly
depending on the hard drive condition, it may work a good time
but the hard drive may fail permanently
it is mainly in order to be able to use the computer, the time to replace the system disk
be careful because the goal is to erase the hard drive, your unsaved data will be lost
so you have to reinstall the computer completely
There are several methods, depending on the installed windows system and your computer

Try a full reinstall

You can try to help yourself with this tutorial (sorry not fully translated)

que faire en cas d' erreur / échec dst du disque dur - HP Support Community - 7338574

Using the HP Cloud Recovery Tool (Windows 10, 7)

if you have windows 10 you can use microsoft tool
https://www.microsoft.com/en-ca/software-download/windows10

If you originally had a sata HDD you could possibly install a sata SDD
but this is another topic, if needed you should open another thread

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

Your answer is  right, I  have accepted that result is temporal and  backing up  now. after it will be  reinstall  and use Raid 1  with two identical disks, I will try your suggestions  and  make  peace if failure Ty so far

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.