Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

@Plombiz wrote:

Right now I have 4 PCs at home that I put together, migrated Win on one of them other week and easy peacy.

4 different PCs means that they come with 4 different license keys and come from PCs with different chipsets, graphic adapters etc. That causes the problem with long boot times.

Did you change any hardware diskposition and what is the original drive?

HP Recommended

I just meant that I have experience and put many PCS together from part etc.
Alla other PCs are running great.  Actually this too but on old drive so very little space.

This I bought already built to save headache 🙂

The only thing I pulled the SSD (C 120GB) from old to clone and added the bigger HDD .

The original now is the the bigger SSD E:

HP Recommended

In the first post Disk 0 had a C-size of 118,4

In second post Disk 1 has a size of 118,4 GB

Did you change the postion (change sata cables?

HP Recommended

No always same Sata cable to the same disc.

but if I open bios when booting I have two bootmanagers to select from (if I am not misstaken)
So maybe this changes the disc order?

I select the one that is not the 118.4GB but then takes forever to load and seems to be running this anyway.

HP Recommended

I see that you have 2 bootmanagers and that is the problem.

So next step: We need a "Media Creation Tool" (MCT)from Microsoft for emergency. Prepare a USB-Stick with this MCT.

Then connect only the SSD to your PC  reboot and run 

bcdedit 

again

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.