Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Ryzen 5 8GB 1TB 128GB Desktop PC
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Out of sheer desperation, I turned 'D' drive into 'Unallocated space hoping to extend the 'C' drive into 'D' drive without any luck. There wasn't anything on the 'D' drive so nothing has been lost. But I'm still unable to get the 'C' drive to take any space from the 'D' drive.

I can't understand what possessed HP to install 2 drives on 1 computer. I had an HP Pavilion p6-2275ea Desktop PC before purchasing this new desktop computer and that just had a 'C' drive which I only used a third of in 9 years.

This new computer with its 2 drives is really annoying. I bet I'm not the only one fed up with HP for this crazy idea.

Anyone come up with a solution to this dilemma. I'd be glad to hear it.

Thanks a lot.

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Greetings,

Welcome back to the forum.

I am not a HP employee.

HP installs a smaller (128 GB), but faster, M.2 PCIe NVME drive for the operating system. The 1 TB platter HDD is for storing data. You must have a lot of data or very large programs installed if you are consuming that much space on the 128 GB SSD.

You have two options:

1. Move as much data as possible from the SSD to the HDD.

2. Upgrade the smaller SSD to a larger SSD (go to a 512 GB SSD or a 1 TB SSD) to eliminate the problem.

Run Storage Sense and schedule Storage Sense to auto run on the SSD. This item is found in Settings, Storage. You may have lots of old Windows Update stuff and temp files eating up free space on the SSD.

Regards

HP Recommended

I recently posted another post on this forum after I followed some of your recomendations as well as following a similar video from 

HP Recommended

work out too well. I'd look at the other post if your interested to know what happened as I added a snapshot of my current registry mess.

Look for '**bleep** up' on here some where.

Thanks for the reply.

HP Recommended

Hi 944327,

You're very welcome.

I suggested moving data, not programs.

Moving programs will break all installed programs you move from one disk to a different disk.You have to uninstall each program you want to move. Then reinstall the program on the larger HDD.

Plus you have to back up and be able to recover both drives if one drive fails requiring a replacement drive.

Regards

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.