Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Pavilion
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I am trying to get the code to install my Office Software that I purchased with three computers. I was told to call customer service. When I call, I am put on hold for 3-4 hours then told by message that they are too busy and I get disconnected. I tried four times to call. That's a total of 10 hours on hold. I am tempted to send back the $4000 of computers and buy Dell but I want to give HP a chance. What can I do to get the download code resent? Noone at HP can help me.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hp will tell you that they do not keep a record of MS Office keys, and then tell you to contact MS.  If these are new computers, there should be a package software insert for the MS Office and the keys should be in there.  If the software was/is installed by MS, then it should already have the key installed.

Assuming the MS Office has been registered, then MS will have a record of that and all that is necessary is to sign in to the Microsoft account at the MS Office site

https://www.office.com/

Or look over this article for anything else.

https://www.pcworld.com/article/246040/how-to-find-your-windows-or-office-product-key.html

If you bought a retail copy of Microsoft Windows or Office, the first place to look is in the disc jewel case. Retail Microsoft product keys are usually on a bright sticker located inside the case with the CD/DVD, or on the back. The key consists of 25 alphanumeric characters, usually split into groups of five.

If your computer came preloaded with Microsoft Office, you can find the sticker on the installation disc that accompanied the computer. If all else fails, you will need to contact Microsoft to obtain a replacement key.

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the "Was this reply helpful" Yes button.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.