Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Hi:

If my memory serves me right (I don't have my dc7800 hooked up right now), there is a setting in the ADI soundmax control setting to enable multi-streaming.

Check that box and restart the PC.

That setting allows the front and back audio ports to work independently.

After you do that, you should  now see a headphone setting to enable in the manage sound section of the control panel.

This is only going to work if you were able to successfully install the W7 Soundmax audio driver.

HP Recommended

I can hear on my headphones but the audio is pretty low (i did turn the levels to 100 and on my headphones to the max) but my mic isnt still working.

HP Recommended

Unfortunately, I wouldn't know what the problem could be.

I never used the microphone or headphones on my dc7800/dc7900's on W7, let alone W10, so I wouldn't be able to help you with that problem.

HP Recommended

np thanks for your help.

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

At least you have the onboard sound back.

HP Recommended

> recognized my microphone but it doesnt work.

Click the small "speaker" icon on the bottom-right of your "notification area".

Then, click "mixer".

Either "unmute" the microphone input, or move the slider to 100%, to see if that "pumps-up" the sound-level from the microphone into your computer.

HP Recommended

I fixed it earlier through a forum and its good now but my headphones are so low i can barely hear anything on my other pc the headphones work correctly.

Everything is turned to the max on the volume options and when i ran the troubleshooter it said that everything is fine.

HP Recommended

I solved the headphones problem it turns out that i didnt put the headphones to the end thorugh the jacket.

HP Recommended

Same PC &  same problem; how can I use the HDMI to play sound the same time as video

HP Recommended

Hello,

Thank you for posting in this thread. Unfortunately based on when the last response was made, I have closed this thread to help keep comments current and up to date. We recommend starting a new thread for your issue. 
To be more helpful with your post, you can add key information if you desire: 
1. Product Name and Number (please do not post Serial Number)
• Example: HP Pavilion DV2-1209AX or HP Deskjet 3000 Printer CH393A
2. Operating System installed (if applicable)
• Example: Windows XP, Windows Vista 32-bit, Windows 7 64-bit
3. Error message (if any)
• Example: ""Low disk space"" error in Windows
4. Any changes made to your system before the issue occurred
• Examples: Upgrading your Operating System or installing a new software; or installing new hardware like a printer, modem, or router.
If you have any other questions about posting in the community, please feel free to send me a private message!

Thank you

I work on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.