Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
p21113w
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hello,  I think i accidently erased my partition containing windows 7, so i put the first disc in and it loaded the files, then it stated to put the supplemental recovery disc in and click on Next. I did this over an hour ago, is it still doing something? the Cancel buttom lights up if i put my mouse over it, so i thought it is still doing a recovery, Am I correct or is there something wrong. should hit Cancel or wait longer ? btw i had a dual boot with windows 10 but neither will workThanks

23 REPLIES 23
HP Recommended

@tomshpf

Greetings and Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

Appreciate you trying the steps. Don't worry, I'm here to help! 

Let's try a hard reset and re-initiate the recovery -

1) Shutdown the computer. 
2) Unplug all the Adapter and peripherals connected. 
3) Press and hold down the power button for 15 to 20 seconds. 
4) Plug-in the Adapter. 
5) Try to turn on the computer. 

You may refer to this document for steps - HP PCs -  Performing an HP System Recovery

Hope this helps!

Let me know how that goes.

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day ahead 🙂

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi Thank You for the reply, here is the latest, I had to reinstall my windows 7 Premium but before i backed up (i hope were my documents, pictures etc) any way it took two disks to complete, i have them sitting here now, but i dont know how to transfer them into the reinstall! I open one of the disks up and all I saw was of a bunch of WIM files. what are they and how can i get them installed on my reinstalled windows 7? Thanks

HP Recommended

Hope you guys did not dessert me, i really need help here, I am even willing to take a "tic tac" if it will help, LOL

HP Recommended

I cannot believe that HP Tech don't know the answer to my question. I really need this saved backup on my new installation of windows 7.  If you dont have the answer, who does???????

HP Recommended

@tomshpf

Hi there. 

Please try the steps mentioned here - HP PCs - Restoring Files that were Backed Up Using HP Recovery Manager 

Keep me posted. 

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Asmita, Thank you for the reply,   i clicked on the recovery mgr application and I heard the dvd spinning but this did not open, >>>>

When the Recovery Manager File Restore Program opens" <<<<   Nothing happened after disk stopped spinning, Any idea's as to what is wrong?

HP Recommended

@tomshpf

Thanks for replying. Try a hard reset and re-insert the disks. 

Let me know. 

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I never had to do a hard reset, how do i do it and what does it do?  will it wipe out anything i just put back in? Thanks

HP Recommended

I was just looking up a hard reset. this is not an option for i just did a complete reinstallation of windows 7 its already freshly new. unless you can tell me it wont wipe out what i have now? let me know ok Thanks

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.