Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Gaming Desktop TG01-0xxx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I had the PC 3 months ago, brand new, in the task manager the process 'system interrupts' is always between 5% and 15%, mostly in the upper parte of the range. This makes the CPU (i5 9400) working always at max speed as the total CPU load never goes below 20%, even without any running app or related process. Any experience like that and a way to solve it? 

I already tried out the things mentioned in this post:

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Operating-Systems-and-Recovery/System-Interrupts-high-CPU-usag...

I also did run the HP support to update drivers and run HP hardware diagnostics*(found nothing).

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi,

Just to add, I have bought the same desktop last week and I am experiencing the same thing.

All my drivers are up to date, windows is up to date, I ran the boot analysis like support has proposed but it still persists (it ran OK).

Right now I'm trying out some tips from the internet but no luck so far:

-disabling devices to see if the system interrupts drop

-checking latency with latencymon has shown that nvlddmkmsys (nvidia) has a lot of latency, but I have the latest driver.

This is really not ok for a new desktop, often 20% CPU is used by these interrupts.

Has anyone else experienced this, and any other tips?

Kind regards,

Henri

HP Recommended

Hi,

I seem to have finally solved it, the last 2 days I haven't gotten any high system cpu usage.

The bad news is, i'm not sure what solved it. I will write down the last things I tried, hope it will help someone else as well.

- Change your power settings from recommended by HP to maximum performance

- disable "fast startup"

- uninstall any pre-installed software that isn't necessary, I deleted a lot of HP applications, but also some NVIDIA things etc

- downloaded realtek drivers and did a repair

I also disabled some drivers, should enabled them again to find the culprit but i'm postponing this 🙂 I seem to have multiple audio drivers, and I disabled realtek gaming family controller.

Make sure to do a proper shutdown from time to time when disabling and removing things.

Running LatencyMon, Nvidia and directx driver were often very high, but I didn't change anything to them, I don't think they were the cause.

If I find the cause, I will update this post.

Greetings and good luck!

Henri

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.