Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP all-in-one 23-P017C
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

I am the original person to set this computer up, but I have lost my system admin status. This is my home computer that my grandchildren occasionally do their home school homework on.

How do I get my administration power back? 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Greetings,

Welcome to the forum.

I am not a HP employee.

You have a problem if one of your grandchildren changed your Admin account to a User account. I would not let young folks meander around on a administrative account.

There are ways to fix this but it is outside of the scope of this forum because it tangentially relates to a password problem.

You may have to reinstall the operating system to fix this unless you search the Internet for ways to change the User account back to an Administrative account.

Regards

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.