Capt_Cross
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

System administrater

HP Recommended
HP all-in-one 23-P017C
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

I am the original person to set this computer up, but I have lost my system admin status. This is my home computer that my grandchildren occasionally do their home school homework on.

How do I get my administration power back? 

1 REPLY 1
Grzwacz
Level 12
Level 12
6,774 6,758 638 1,525
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Greetings,

Welcome to the forum.

I am not a HP employee.

You have a problem if one of your grandchildren changed your Admin account to a User account. I would not let young folks meander around on a administrative account.

There are ways to fix this but it is outside of the scope of this forum because it tangentially relates to a password problem.

You may have to reinstall the operating system to fix this unless you search the Internet for ways to change the User account back to an Administrative account.

Regards

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation