Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Good point on checking file dates. If the drive letter comes back I will have to attempt to look at that although in Windows Explorer we got permissions errors trying to browse the drive. The issue first started several weeks ago and one of my junior techs had looked at it briefly without fixing it so maybe the update on 10/26 was involved but there was also a prior event some time in late Sept or early Oct that caused it initially. If it stays gone I will not likely get to look at it again but if I do I will provide an update. Thanks.

HP Recommended

>  If it stays gone, I will not likely get to look at it again, but if I do I will provide an update.

So, your silence implies that it has not reappeared (or that you have noticed it).

I wonder if the 'Z:' disk is only occasionally needed, i.e., when there is a "refresh" of Windows 10, e.g., the '1607' (2016 July) or '1610' (2016 October) or 1703 (2017 March "Creators Update") ?

HP Recommended

It actually did re-appear but the user was let go and the machine taken out of use so I am not putting any time into further troubleshooting.

HP Recommended

> the user was let go and the machine taken out of use 

It is "best practises" to "wipe" the computer. 

Too late, I guess, to do a "mind-wipe" of the user, to remove all "corporate secrets".  :generic:

HP Recommended

Perhaps you should understand how an operating system works before speaking (writing). One definitely has NOTHING to do with the other and your issue disappearing after clearing your browser history was purely coincidental.

HP Recommended

This worked for me. Thanks!

HP Recommended
I have same problems with my laptop was have'd that ('Z:') drive letter, first I think I will deleted but can't delete, because not detected with disk management. And I try to open drive, but still can't to open. How to restore/remove as usual??
HP Recommended

@ZIZBIRD,  welcome to this forum.

Please read all of the previous TWENTY-FIVE messages in this thread, to understand the symptoms.

It seems impossible for that many responses to be posted without ANY of them giving the answer to the question.

HP Recommended
Thanks! Very helpful 🙂
HP Recommended

The Z drive is gone.  Worked for me on Windows 10

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.