Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP All-in-One 24-e000
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

In the process of updating Windows 10 to version 1903 on a monoblock of the HP All-in-One 24-e000 series, the computer freezes in the final stage, the image is missing. The situation is very similar to the problem with updating the PC of the same series to Windows 10 1809. Last time, the problem was in the old version of the Intel video driver for the adapter and the problem was solved with the release of the HP version of the video driver. Help!!!

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@BorisKirienkov,

Thank you for posting your query on HP Community,

Let's try to run an extensive system test from F2 and check if the hardware components on your PC are functioning correctly.

1. Hold the power button for at least five seconds to turn off the computer.

2. Turn on the computer and immediately press Esc repeatedly, about once every second.

When the menu appears, press the F2 key.

3. On the HP PC Hardware Diagnostics (UEFI) main menu, click System Tests.

4. Click Extensive Test.

5. Click Run once, or Loop until error.

While the test is running, the time remaining and test result for each component are

shown on the screen.

6. If a component fails a test, write down the failure ID (24-digit code) so you have it

available when you contact HP Customer Support. The information is also available in

Test Logs on the main menu.

Refer this article to know more information about running system diagnostics on your PC. Click Here

If the test passes, I would suggest here is to run the Windows update troubleshooter.

Download and install the troubleshooter from this link.

Now try to perform Windows Updates - 

1) In the search box, type and open Windows Updates. 
2) Check for updates. 
3) If the updates are available, click on install and restart the computer. 

I suggest you download and run the HP Support Assistant from this Link: https://www8.hp.com/us/en/campaigns/hpsupportassistant/hpsupport.html?jumpid=va_r602_us/en/any/psg/p...

HPSA will automatically search for all the latest drivers for your Notebook

1. Click My devices in the top menu, and then click Updates in the My PC or My notebook pane.

Click Updates in the My notebook pane

2. Click Check for updates and messages to scan for new updates.

Updates list in HP Support Center

3. Review the list of updates. Updates with a yellow information icon are recommended. Updates with a blue information icon are optional.

4. Click the update name for a description, version number, and file size.

5. Select the box next to any updates you want to install, and then click Download and install.

Let me know how it goes for further assistance!

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution and Kudos buttons, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Have a great day!

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you for the detailed instructions on testing PCs and using the HP Support Assistant utility 🙂 The equipment is in perfect order. The situation exactly repeats the situation with the upgrade to Windows 10 1809. The problem with the update was solved when HP released the latest driver for the Intel video adapter. The Intel website has a fresh driver, but it is not installed on the HP monoblock - a driver from the PC manufacturer is required. When will the Intel video driver update be released? Sincerely, B. Kirienkov

HP Recommended

@BorisKirienkov,

I'm glad to hear you found it working. However, you seems to have an issue with the graphics card drivers from the Manufacturer website. We cannot make any speculations when the updated software would be released Intel. However, your valuable feedback is very much appreciated. 

Please reach out to us anytime if you have any further questions. Take care!

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution and Kudos buttons, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Have a great day!

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended
I meant, when the company HP will release a new version of the video driver for the Intel adapter? Intel has a new version. In this situation, I am interested in when the company - the manufacturer of my monoblock - HP, will release the current version of the video driver for the Intel video adapter? As for your proposal - contact Microsoft tech support, during the last update an identical problem arose, and it was solved by installing a new video driver from the HP for the video adapter. Microsoft doesn't release video drivers for HP hardware, is it :)?

HP Recommended

Thank you for replying, @BorisKirienkov,

According to our HP Support website, there is a latest graphics drivers for your PC - Intel High-Definition (HD) Graphics Driver (Windows 10 v1903)

The drivers need to be released first by Intel and it is not just with HP products. It is across brands and it needs to be certified by Microsoft also as it should not have any conflicts with Windows 10. Once they release the product, HP would do several dry runs and testing of these drivers before uploading it to our servers.

We would definitely be working with Intel on this issue. However, I would not be in a position to give you a timeline as Intel needs to develop it and get approval from Microsoft also.

I hope this information helps. Let me know if you need any further assistance. 

Take care and have a great day!

Thank you 🙂

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.