Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Desktop
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My computer does not have a camera, how can I install one so I can participate in Zoom meetings and classes?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@nianwosuh 

You have to purchase an external USB camera to do this.  Since camera drivers are built into Windows 10, when you connect up the camera, it will automatically load the drivers.

Then, you need to download Zoom from this link and install it:  https://zoom.us/download

When you launch Zoom, click on the "gear" icon to open the settings.  Then click on video and it should show what the camera sees.  If it does not, you need to go to Zoom and create an account and then login to that account.  After that, the video should show without issue>

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

Thank you!

HP Recommended

HINT: After the first time that you have connected the camera, and Windows has loaded the specific device-driver software, then:

1. Click the Windows "Start" button;

2. Into the input-area that has appeared, type: CAMERA  and press ENTER

3. Windows should launch the built-in "Camera" app.

4. Physically adjust the web-camera, to avoid pointing it at the ceiling, or at one of your ears. Check the room-lighting, so that your face is not a very dark oval, surrounded by a "halo" of room-light. Check both in the daytime, if that is when you will be Zooming, and check in the evening, if that is when you will be Zooming. Check the distance between your face and the camera -- similar to Goldilocks: not too close, and not too far away from the camera. Check the "background" in your room -- no picture-frames of "dogs playing poker", or anything else "not suitable for work" that you want to expose to your viewers.

5. Close the app.

6. Now, you are ready to share a properly-lit and properly-framed image of your face, when you start a "real" Zoom session, and you'll look like a "professional" Zoomer.  🙂

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.