Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Touchsmart 610-1230uk
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have recently upgraded the unit to Windows 10 and have a peculiar situation with the touchscreen !! the screen is shown in Device Manager and is allegedly working correctly ? the driver shown is version 10.0.18362.175 but there is no sign of life on the screen at all ?? Anyone else had a similar situation or know of an updated driver ??

Thanks, Alan.

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@ALANDJ Welcome to HP Community!

I understand that the touch screen is not working.

Do not worry. I will try to fix the issue.

To provide you with an accurate solution, I'll need a few more details:

Have you recently made any software or hardware changes on the PC before the issue started?

Have you checked if the touch works in the Bios?

Have you tried to run the test on touchscreen from F2?

Let’s start with performing a hard reset to release any excessive static/power that could have caused the issue: 

To perform a hard reset on a computer with a removable battery, use the following steps: 

1. Turn off the computer. 

2. Remove the computer from any port replicator or docking station. 

3. Disconnect all external connected peripheral devices such as USB storage devices, external displays, and printers. 

4. Unplug the AC adapter from the computer. 

5. Remove the battery from the battery compartment. 

6. Press and hold down the Power button for about 15 seconds to drain any residual electrical charge from the capacitors that protect the memory. 

7. Insert the battery and plug the AC adapter back into the notebook computer, but do not connect any of the peripheral devices. 

8. Press the Power button to turn on the computer. 

9. If a startup menu opens, use the arrow keys to select Start Windows Normally, and then press the Enter key. 

10. After reconnecting each of the peripheral devices, run Windows Update and HP Support Assistant to update all device drivers. 

Second, enable the touch screen driver in Device Manager: 

1. In Windows, search for and open Device Manager. 

2. Expand the Human Interface Devices heading. 

3. The touch screen device is labeled HID-compliant touch screen, or similar. Right-click the touch screen device. 

4. If the option to enable the device is included in the menu, click Enable. 

If the Enable option does not appear in the menu, continue to the next step: 

1. Reinstall the touch screen driver in Device Manager 

2. Install Windows updates 

3. Update the BIOS and graphics driver 

4. Configure the touch display 

5. Perform a touch screen diagnostic test in HP Hardware Diagnostics UEFI 

6. Adjust the power management settings for your touch screen 

7. Reset your computer 

8. Perform a Microsoft System Restore 

9. Perform an HP System Recovery 

Click here to know: How to perform each step. 

Attempt to run a test using the HP hardware diagnostic tool

If the Touch screen isn't appearing on the diagnostics, 

I recommend checking if the Touch is working on BIOS (Accessed by tapping on F10 while restarting the computer). 

If it works on bios, it's a software issue: please reinstall windows using the recovery partition or the recovery media to fix the issue 

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

HP Recommended

Hi Praveen196,

Many thanks for your interest and reply, appreciated !! I have tried all of the procedures that you described with no success !

I continually get the message in Device Manager that the device is working correctly ? As a test i took the working Digitizer board from my daughters HP AIO that is exactly the same as the unit fitted to my machine, again the touchscreen on my unit did not not work ! the Digitizer from my machine was fitted to my daughters machine and her touchscreen worked perfectly with no issues ??

In the events log of the touch screen on my machine the last two lines read as follows;

Device Updated: false

Parent Device: USB\VID_0408&PID_3008\0000

Can you throw any light on this ??

Thanks & Regards,

Alan.

HP Recommended

@ALANDJ

I understand your concerns.

In that case, please reinstall windows using the recovery partition or the recovery media to fix the issue.

If the issue still persists, please contact our phone support and check for the support option. They will help you.

Here is how you can get in touch with phone support.

1)Click on this link - www.hp.com/contacthp/

2)Select the product type.

3)Enter the serial number of your device or select let HP detect your product option.

4)Select the country from the drop-down.

5)You should see the HP phone support number or Chat option listed.

Have a nice day!!

HP Recommended

Hi Praveen 196,

I have tried a new install of Windows 10 but no change and have contacted HP regarding recovery disks but was told that no recovery disks are available for the unit because of its age !!

Thanks, Alan.

HP Recommended

@ALANDJ

I understand your concerns.

In that case, you have to contact our phone support for the repair. They will help you.

Have a nice day!!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.