Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Hp Touchsmart 600-1152
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have a HP Touchsmart 600-1152 running Windows 10 Pro licesned. I7 Q720 Nvidia Geforce GT 230 Nextwindow 1950 6 gigs of ram 1TB WD Primary Hard Drive. Clean Install everything works fine no connectivity issues.

My problem is the ACPI and OSD drivers for the Volume +/- on the side of the computer and the home button on the front of it. Niether of them work. the volume buttons on the keyboard work the function keys on the key board work the touch screen works. Just those buttons dont.

Please is there any way to force install/modify/or remap those buttons ? I'm pretty good at following instructions any help would be very appricated.

I have the Driver sp46272. error code 9998 pops up saying system doesnt meet minimum requirments.

Now i have done compatibily mode I have tried a windows 7 install then upgrade still no luck.

No it is not a hard ware issue.

No it is not a permission issue.

Please no useless trouble shooting.

Just a Remaping instructions or and simple mod of the file itself or a different file to install to restore the simple function of these keys.

thank you for any assistance

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

@chaos99999

Thank you for joining HP Forums.}

I'll be glad to help you 🙂

As I understand 

Don't worry, just follow the steps listed below:

1. Turn off the computer.

2. Disconnect all peripheral devices and remove all USB devices and media cards.

3. Disconnect the AC power adapter.

4. Press and hold the power button for at least 15 seconds.

5. Reconnect the AC power adapter.

6. Turn on the computer.

If the blank screen issue is resolved, you are done.

If the screen is still blank, continue with the next step to listen for computer beeps and look at the lights.

These actions will remove all capacitive and static charges in the laptop.

The touch-buttons have memory registers associated with them that become unresponsive (or latched) due to static charge/discharge from "touching", and don't loose their charge until all power sources have been removed.

Keep me posted for further assistance,

Feel free to post your query for any other assistance as well,

It's been a pleasure interacting with you and I hope you have a good day ahead.

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, 

Mark my post as Accepted Solution.

And click on the Purple Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment.

Regards,

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended
Ummm wrong issue ......... it's not a laptop it's the touch smart 600 all in one desktop and i can't get functionality back on the volume buttons or home button
HP Recommended

@chaos99999

Thank you for the update,

I appreciate your time and efforts,

The steps apply for both laptop and All-in-one desktops,

Notice that the steps don't include removing batteries as there isn't one to remove in an AIO whereas there are always batteries involved if it's a laptop.

That said, please follow the steps and get back to me with the results.

Keep me posted,

If the information I've provided was helpful, 

Give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons, 

That'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Good Luck.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended
I have done those steps prior as far as trying to remove all charge from the device and the like. The issue I'm having is directly with the driver and windows 10 pro. As everything else works including the touch screen. Just the buttons for volume and home
HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply and trying the suggested steps. I checked the drivers for your computer and the last drivers available is for Windows 7. Drivers for Windows 8 and 10 are not available for this model. 

Recommend you to run HP Support Assistant and check if it finds the right driver. If not revert the operating system back to Window 7 or Vista to check for hardware functionality. 

Let me know if this helped. 

If the information I've provided was helpful,

Please give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Accepted Solution" and "Kudos" buttons,

That’ll help us and others see that we’ve got the answers!

Good Luck.

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

unPACK the SP46272 driver archive with 7zip (free unpacker) and go into the src folder. Here you find 'Buttons & OSDs control application gen3.msi'

which you can run. After a restart you have OSD and your buttons work.

Greetings, W.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.