Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Hp Notebook-15-ay503tu

Hi all,

So recently I had done a windows recovery on my laptop and once it was done I wasn't able to use the Microsoft office products like word or excel. It was asking for a product key. I got my product key but however it says that it's invalid. The windows had come with the laptop and I have no clue how to reactivate and do not know where would be the right place to enter this product key. Thank you for your help.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

You are most likely trying to activate a different version of MS Office.  Since you have the product key,  See this

https://www.lifewire.com/install-microsoft-office-for-windows-4154521

When you sign into the MS Office site, it will give you directions on where to download the version of Office that key matches and allow it to be installed and activated.

You should be good to go.

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the "Was this reply helpful" Yes button.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.