Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
OMEN by HP Desktop PC 880-p0xx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I see that this has been asked several times, but I cannot find a conclusive answer. I need the shortcut Ctrl-Alt-S for a couple of applications that use that shortcut to bring up settings. But HP seems to have bound that shortcut -- where I cannot find -- to your "System Info" application (showing as SysInfoEx.exe in Task Manager).

How do I get rid of that binding to SysInfoEx.exe? I find this "feature" you have imposed on me to be really inconvenient.

Thank you in advance for your help.

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

I didn't realize I could attach a photo directly in my post. I was looking for a separate attachment button and didn't find one. Here is the System Information window that pops up when I enter Ctrl-Alt-S and whose executable seems to be SysInfoEx.exe:

hp_omen_sys_info_from_shortcut.jpg

HP Recommended

@MWmC Welcome to HP Community!

Simply change the name of C:\Program Files (x86)\Hewlett-Packard\HP System Event\SysInfo.exe with something else.

For example: sysinfo.exe to sysinfoOLD.exe

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Good morning, and thank you for getting back to me. That is one of the solutions I tried, although this time I changed the names of BOTH SysInfo.exe and SysInfoEx.exe (to SysInfoOLD.exe and SysInfoExOLD.exe) ... except that hasn't helped, either. I still get the system information pop-up.

Do you have anything else that I can try?

HP Recommended

@MWmC I'm afraid there are no other ways of making the changes as we seem to have exhausted the steps available to tweak this setting,

You could make use of 3rd party programs to remap the keys, however, that isn't something HP supports or recommends, its just my personal suggestion to you.

I hope that help!

To thank us for our effort's to help you, give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, and have a great day!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended
HP Recommended

Good morning. I checked for updates on the Windows 10 Store, and I saw that an update was available for the HP System Event Utility. I ran the update and tried Alt-Ctrl-S. The system information box popped up ... BUT I noticed that there is now an checkbox option to turn off showing sys info. I unchecked it, and now the problem is solved! I can go back to using Alt-Ctrl-S for my favorite shortcut, and there is no conflict with Adobe Photoshop and Lightroom as well.

Thank you, HP, for recognizing we needed a fix, and not just workarounds, for this problem. I really appreciate it.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.