Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Pavilion a1620.fr
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

i downloaded win10 64bit and my network connection is no longer working i guess its the driver. help please.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

I don't think that driver has anything to do with why the network connection isn't working.

I have zipped up and attached the driver that should work for you below.

Download and unzip the file to its folder.

Do not do anything with the files in the folder.

Go to the device manager and click on the ACPI\AWY0001 device needing the driver.

Click on the driver tab. Click on Update Driver.

Select the Browse my computer for driver software option, and browse to the driver folder you unzipped.

Make sure the Include subfolders box is checked and the driver should install.

Then restart the PC.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi:

I don't think that driver has anything to do with why the network connection isn't working.

I have zipped up and attached the driver that should work for you below.

Download and unzip the file to its folder.

Do not do anything with the files in the folder.

Go to the device manager and click on the ACPI\AWY0001 device needing the driver.

Click on the driver tab. Click on Update Driver.

Select the Browse my computer for driver software option, and browse to the driver folder you unzipped.

Make sure the Include subfolders box is checked and the driver should install.

Then restart the PC.

HP Recommended

Thanks for helping. my network is not working still, when i click in the troubleshoot its says "Windows did not detect a properly installed network adapter. if you have a network adapter, you will need to re-install the driver". i thought i needed the drivers in the device manager that has "!" on them. Sorry im not not very bright at computer things.

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Did that driver install the AWY&DEV_0001 device?

You did the right thing by asking for a driver for that device, but if a wifi adapter needed a driver there would be a device listed in the device manager like the other one, labeled as a Network Controller with the little ! mark.

If the ethernet (wired adapter) needs a driver, there would be a device listed in the device manager labeled as an Ethernet Controller.

The motherboard specs for your PC indicate that it comes with an Intel 82562GT ethernet controller, which if there is no other devices you need drivers for, should be showing up under the Network Adapters device manager category.

If you don't see either of these devices listed, or you see the Intel ethernet adapter listed but not working, unfortunately, there is probably no solution to the problem.

You have two ways to get around the problem...

Purchase an external USB to RJ-45 ethernet adapter.   Something like this...

https://www.amazon.com/UGREEN-Ethernet-Adapter-Nintendo-Chromebook/dp/B00MYT481C/ref=sr_1_21?hvadid=...

If you have a wireless router, you can purchase an external USB wifi adapter.   There are many to choose from.

HP Recommended

Yes the driver you gave me works fine. 

unfortunately, there's no device labeled as "Network Controller" or "Ethernet Controller". 

the wifi didn't work even before i downloaded win10 that's why i always used an Ethernet cable. 

Anyway thanks for helping.

HP Recommended

Anytime.

Glad to have been of assistance.

You'll have to buy one of the USB networking devices then, and you will be all set.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.