Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Desktop M01-F0xxx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

So I'm planning to upgrade my desktop PC with a more powerful PSU in order to get a GPU. The current one I'm interested in is the Evga 600 W1, 80+ White 600W, Power Supply 100-W1-0600-K3 on Amazon. I was wondering whether any complications could arise with using this PSU instead of the disappointing 180w PSU I currently have installed. Furthermore, I'm looking for better RAM, and I'm interested in the CORSAIR VENGEANCE RGB PRO 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 3600 (PC4-28800) C18 Desktop Memory, Yet again, are there any compatibility issues with my motherboard. I just don't want to be throwing my money away for a piece of hardware which simply doesn't work. 

Many Thanks,

Ryan

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

hi

See this

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Knowledge-Base/Power-Supply-Cross-Reference-for-specific-model...

Hello

[start]
This is an automatic response
in order to avoid writing the same thing each time

Some elements may therefore not apply to you 
To be able to answer you effectively, we need some information

we need the exact model of your computer, and the product number
To find it follow this
for a desktop computer

HP Desktop PCs - How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number? | HP® Customer Support
Give the full name with the product number P / N

this is not a model:
HP Desktop M01-F1xxx
the requested product number must look like this
Product Number: 9EE50AA # ABA
the model corresponding to this number will therefore be
HP Desktop - M01-F1033wb
--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

The product number is 1D9Y2EA#ABU, 

HP Recommended

https://support.hp.com/au-en/document/c06673672

motherboard specifications, Erica2

Memory
8 GB DDR4-2666 SDRAM (1 x 8 GB)

• Dual channel (1 DIMM per channel) memory architecture
  • Two DDR4 UDIMM (288-pin) sockets
  • Supports PC4-25600 (DDR4-3200)
  • Supports 8 GB and 16 GB DDR4 UDIMMs
  • Supports up to 4 GB on 32-bit systems
    note:
    32-bit systems cannot address a full 4.0 GB of memory.
  • Supports up to 32 GB (unbuffered) on 64-bit computers

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

@Ryan133 

The Expert that used to be the in-house guru on PSUs is no longer with us -- but one thing they mentioned all the time is that the PSUs used in HP desktops were proprietary units.  Meaning -- just because you find one the same physical size that fits in the case does not mean it will work.

So, you need to ensure that you can return any PSU that you buy -- since it is highly likely that anything you buy simply is not going to work.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.