Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Presario 061 or Presario SR1250ND
Microsoft Windows 8 (32-bit)

Please help to find old bios update for this model. Trying to install win10 64bit on win8 32bit and can't. CPU based 64bit.

So trying first to update old BIOS and can't find that exact drivers. Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

OK, thanks for the info.

Yes, you would need to install XP to install the BIOS update and then try to install W10.

I honestly don't think a bios update is going to make any difference, but I have zipped up and attached the latest one I could find below.

It seems to me that your PC is already running this BIOS version...did you mean to write Phoenix 3.11 9/19/2006?

Here is the info on the update.

Title: A8N-LA Motherboard BIOS Update

Version: 3.11

Description: A8N-LA Motherboard BIOS update resolves broadband connectivity issues caused by MAC address conflicts.

Purpose: Critical

Category: BIOS

Operating System:
Microsoft Windows XP Home
Microsoft Windows XP Media Center Edition
Microsoft Windows XP Professional

Language(s):
Global English

Enhancement/Fixes:
- Resolves broadband connectivity issues caused by MAC address conflicts.
- Resolves system boot issues.
- Resolves compatibility issues with USB devices.
- Resolves issue where Dual Core processors are identified incorrectly in diagnostic properties.

Prerequisites:
- You must be logged on as an administrator to install this update.

Installation Instructions:
1. Click the Download Only button.
2. At the File Download screen, click the Save button.
3. At the Save As screen, save the file to your Desktop.
4. If a message appears stating that the file already exists, click YES to overwrite file.
5. Double-click the icon for the update downloaded to your desktop, and then click NEXT.
6. Follow on-screen instructions.
7. If prompted to restart the system upon completion of the update, click YES and allow system to restart.

Copyright © 2006 Hewlett-Packard Development Company, L.P.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hi:

I can't find any info at all on the model number you posted.

What is the product number of your PC?

The product number can be found on the same label as the serial number.

Please do not post the serial number.

Does it have an AMD or Intel processor?

I can tell you beforehand that if I can find a BIOS update file for you, you will not be able to run it in W8.

You will need to run it using the operating system that originally came with your PC.

HP Recommended

Hi there,

just found a label on the side and there is exactly what I found on it (previous info from msinfo32):

Presario SR1924NX

Product: EX320AA#ABA

And yes another label windows xp with info. So you mean I have to install win xp first, maybe could try 64bit and then bios update and then win 10? that would be step by step? Thanks

HP Recommended

amd cpu

HP Recommended

OK, thanks for the info.

Yes, you would need to install XP to install the BIOS update and then try to install W10.

I honestly don't think a bios update is going to make any difference, but I have zipped up and attached the latest one I could find below.

It seems to me that your PC is already running this BIOS version...did you mean to write Phoenix 3.11 9/19/2006?

Here is the info on the update.

Title: A8N-LA Motherboard BIOS Update

Version: 3.11

Description: A8N-LA Motherboard BIOS update resolves broadband connectivity issues caused by MAC address conflicts.

Purpose: Critical

Category: BIOS

Operating System:
Microsoft Windows XP Home
Microsoft Windows XP Media Center Edition
Microsoft Windows XP Professional

Language(s):
Global English

Enhancement/Fixes:
- Resolves broadband connectivity issues caused by MAC address conflicts.
- Resolves system boot issues.
- Resolves compatibility issues with USB devices.
- Resolves issue where Dual Core processors are identified incorrectly in diagnostic properties.

Prerequisites:
- You must be logged on as an administrator to install this update.

Installation Instructions:
1. Click the Download Only button.
2. At the File Download screen, click the Save button.
3. At the Save As screen, save the file to your Desktop.
4. If a message appears stating that the file already exists, click YES to overwrite file.
5. Double-click the icon for the update downloaded to your desktop, and then click NEXT.
6. Follow on-screen instructions.
7. If prompted to restart the system upon completion of the update, click YES and allow system to restart.

Copyright © 2006 Hewlett-Packard Development Company, L.P.

HP Recommended

thank you, well anyway need to update so same time. thank again

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.