02-10-2019 11:18 AM
Please help to find old bios update for this model. Trying to install win10 64bit on win8 32bit and can't. CPU based 64bit.
So trying first to update old BIOS and can't find that exact drivers. Thank you!
Solved! Go to Solution.
02-10-2019 01:06 PM
I can't find any info at all on the model number you posted.
What is the product number of your PC?
The product number can be found on the same label as the serial number.
Please do not post the serial number.
Does it have an AMD or Intel processor?
I can tell you beforehand that if I can find a BIOS update file for you, you will not be able to run it in W8.
You will need to run it using the operating system that originally came with your PC.
02-10-2019 01:41 PM
just found a label on the side and there is exactly what I found on it (previous info from msinfo32):
And yes another label windows xp with info. So you mean I have to install win xp first, maybe could try 64bit and then bios update and then win 10? that would be step by step? Thanks
02-10-2019 02:06 PM - edited 02-10-2019 02:11 PM
OK, thanks for the info.
Yes, you would need to install XP to install the BIOS update and then try to install W10.
I honestly don't think a bios update is going to make any difference, but I have zipped up and attached the latest one I could find below.
It seems to me that your PC is already running this BIOS version...did you mean to write Phoenix 3.11 9/19/2006?
Here is the info on the update.
Title: A8N-LA Motherboard BIOS Update
Description: A8N-LA Motherboard BIOS update resolves broadband connectivity issues caused by MAC address conflicts.
Microsoft Windows XP Home
Microsoft Windows XP Media Center Edition
Microsoft Windows XP Professional
- Resolves broadband connectivity issues caused by MAC address conflicts.
- Resolves system boot issues.
- Resolves compatibility issues with USB devices.
- Resolves issue where Dual Core processors are identified incorrectly in diagnostic properties.
- You must be logged on as an administrator to install this update.
1. Click the Download Only button.
2. At the File Download screen, click the Save button.
3. At the Save As screen, save the file to your Desktop.
4. If a message appears stating that the file already exists, click YES to overwrite file.
5. Double-click the icon for the update downloaded to your desktop, and then click NEXT.
6. Follow on-screen instructions.
7. If prompted to restart the system upon completion of the update, click YES and allow system to restart.
Copyright © 2006 Hewlett-Packard Development Company, L.P.