Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Elite HPE-502c Desktop PC
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Can I upgrade to Windows 10.

If yes is it worth it or are performance issues (slow speed) not worth the bother and cost.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

If your PC has the onboard AMD 4200 graphics adapter, that model adapter is not compatible with W10.

You would have to purchase a cheap used legacy graphics card such as an AMD Radeon HD 6450 in order for the graphics to work.

There is still a way to get W10 for free.  You click on the blue update now button at the link below.

Download Windows 10 (microsoft.com)

This link explains how you can still get the free upgrade.

Here's how you can still get a free Windows 10 upgrade | ZDNet

You can get a used but tested and working AMD Radeon HD 6450 on eBay...

Just make sure you get one with the standard height mounting bracket.

hd 6450 in Computer Components & Parts | eBay

The Dell branded models would work fine.

If W10 does not work to your expectations, you have 30 days to go back to W7.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi:

If your PC has the onboard AMD 4200 graphics adapter, that model adapter is not compatible with W10.

You would have to purchase a cheap used legacy graphics card such as an AMD Radeon HD 6450 in order for the graphics to work.

There is still a way to get W10 for free.  You click on the blue update now button at the link below.

Download Windows 10 (microsoft.com)

This link explains how you can still get the free upgrade.

Here's how you can still get a free Windows 10 upgrade | ZDNet

You can get a used but tested and working AMD Radeon HD 6450 on eBay...

Just make sure you get one with the standard height mounting bracket.

hd 6450 in Computer Components & Parts | eBay

The Dell branded models would work fine.

If W10 does not work to your expectations, you have 30 days to go back to W7.

HP Recommended

Thanks Paul for your quick reply!

Unfortunately my HP does have the  AMD 4200 graphics adapter,  which as you mentioned is not compatible with W10.

I'm not technically inclined to take the cover off the box and find & replace it with a cheap used legacy graphics card such as an AMD Radeon HD 6450 in order for the graphics to work.

Thanks again for sharing this info with me. 

I believe buying a Windows 10 computer may be the best and least problematic solution.

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.