Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Elite 477c Desktop
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Installed memory strips in blue slots as instructed, and all I get is a black screen. The first time I installed

Crucial 16GB Kit DDR3 1600 MT/s (PC3-12800) CL11 Non-ECC, UDIMM 240-Pin Desktop Memory CT2KIT102464BA160B/ CT2CP102464BA160B  Didn't work.  The second time I installed Crucial Ballistix Sport 16GB Kit (8GBx2) DDR3 1333 MT/s (PC3-10600), which they suggested.  Same black screen.  Do I have to fill all 4 slots, change the Bios or what? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Thank you for the additional information @Meander.

You should definitely contact Crucial's Tech Support for further help.  They should be able to easily help you. By making a recommendation they guaranty that it will work.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@Meander, welcome to the forum.

Here is the memory that is recommended by Crucial.  I suggest that you contact their Tech Support for help.  They are the experts on their memory and should be able to help you with how to populate the memory slots.

Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

HP Recommended

Crucial told me which memory I needed, after I got the wrong kind.  So according to them, the memory is correct.  There's only one way to install it, so I am at a loss as to what could be wrong.

HP Recommended

Thank you for the additional information @Meander.

You should definitely contact Crucial's Tech Support for further help.  They should be able to easily help you. By making a recommendation they guaranty that it will work.

HP Recommended

Thank you.

HP Recommended

You are welcome, @Meander.  I am glad to help.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.