Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Pavilion p7-1423w
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I messed up the BIOS update and now my computer won't display anything. I've tried multiple times to update it via USB,  but every time I try using my second computer, the program doesn't give me any option to use a USB drive. Instead it attempts to update the bios on my second computer. The video and guide from the HP site shows that option, but after several attempts to follow the guide, no other option is given, other than straight out installing the new bios. On a side note, the windows key and B key option doesn't seem to work on my machine. 

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@Alplimis, Welcome to HP Support Community!

Format the USB drive and try installing the BIOS from the alternate PC. Also, try using another USB drive.

Refer to the document https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c04126730  for any additional help.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi,

Some HP consumer Desktop PCs don't support USB BIOS updates.

Your PC may not support this.

This site (Link) may help to recover the BIOS. But you have stated the Windows +"B" option does not work. Have you tried resetting CMOS by removing the MB battery for a while?

It is possible the MB is DOA if you cannot recover the BIOS.

Regards

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.