cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Highlighted
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Usb BIOS recovery

HP Recommended
Pavilion p7-1423w
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I messed up the BIOS update and now my computer won't display anything. I've tried multiple times to update it via USB,  but every time I try using my second computer, the program doesn't give me any option to use a USB drive. Instead it attempts to update the bios on my second computer. The video and guide from the HP site shows that option, but after several attempts to follow the guide, no other option is given, other than straight out installing the new bios. On a side note, the windows key and B key option doesn't seem to work on my machine. 

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
14,649 14,628 1,134 1,128
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Alplimis, Welcome to HP Support Community!

Format the USB drive and try installing the BIOS from the alternate PC. Also, try using another USB drive.

Refer to the document https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c04126730  for any additional help.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 12
Level 12
6,274 6,259 595 1,334
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

Some HP consumer Desktop PCs don't support USB BIOS updates.

Your PC may not support this.

This site (Link) may help to recover the BIOS. But you have stated the Windows +"B" option does not work. Have you tried resetting CMOS by removing the MB battery for a while?

It is possible the MB is DOA if you cannot recover the BIOS.

Regards

0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation