Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavillion 23
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Can't log-in when computer boots.  Have tried system restore, etc.  all fails. 

Just get message that user profile service failed. user profile cannot be loaded.

Was working fine, until got this mesage.

Please help

Tks

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@GaryT3 -- your issue could be "hardware" -- your disk-drive is beginning to fail, and components of Windows cannot be read from the disk-drive, or "software" -- corrupted files on the disk-drive.

While Windows is starting-up, with the "spinner", hold-down the on/off button for 30 seconds, or until the computer turns off. Turn on the computer, and repeat when you see the "spinner". For a third time, turn on the computer, and repeat. Finally, turn on the computer, and Windows 10 should boot to its "Recovery Console". It should run a "Check Disk", to test the logical integrity of the file-system, and to try to "repair" the Windows start-up procedure.

Beyond this, it's time to hire a professional computer technician.

HP Recommended

Thanks for the assistance.  I tried your recommendations, but it didn't work.  The repair process did not work and I could not even use a system restore point.  I decided to re-install Windows 10 and now it seems to be working.  I set up a different user ID.  The problems is that all the files (which I had backed-up) and not there.  Could they be associated with the user ID and I was having problems with?

HP Recommended

@GaryT3 -- I decided to re-install Windows 10 ... the problem is that all the files (which I had backed-up) and not there. 

A "clean" install will have deleted everything, including your personal files.  

Had you been able to logon, there is an option to reinstall Windows while _keeping_ your personal files.

Last chance: open the "C:\Users" folder, and look for the names of the folders inside this folder. There is a small chance that one of the folders has the name of your previous ID.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.