Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
If you are having hardware issues with your computer, please, Click here for more information.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

My friend has a "HP Compaq 8200 Elite Small Form Factor PC" and I'm attempting to help him download drivers to help his computer but every time he enters in the info or lets the website scan it it always comes up with the same error (pictured)unknown.pngDoes anyone know anything about this"? I haven't found any solutions if there even is any, so hopefully I can figure out something. Nothing we've tried works. Is there hope or is that a death sentence for the computer?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

I have two 8200 Elite PC's, and your friend must be running a newer operating system than Windows 8 on there.

The PC is not supported by HP for W8.1 or W10, so you won't find any drivers for it.

Most of the drivers can be found under the W7 driver section.

If you look at your screenshot, under the Software and drivers for HP Compaq 8200 Elite SFF. you see two items you can click on...Choose a different product and Choose a different OS.

You click on the Choose a different OS link and change the operating system to W8 or W7. 

Windows 7 has the most drivers.  W8 only has a couple.

If you friend is missing a driver, please let me know the name of the device that needs a driver, and I will post a link to it.

If your friend wants to update the BIOS, then I suggest that he read the info I posted on this discussion at the link below...

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Business-PCs-Workstations-and-Point-of-Sale-Systems/Re-HP-Compaq-8200-...

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi:

I have two 8200 Elite PC's, and your friend must be running a newer operating system than Windows 8 on there.

The PC is not supported by HP for W8.1 or W10, so you won't find any drivers for it.

Most of the drivers can be found under the W7 driver section.

If you look at your screenshot, under the Software and drivers for HP Compaq 8200 Elite SFF. you see two items you can click on...Choose a different product and Choose a different OS.

You click on the Choose a different OS link and change the operating system to W8 or W7. 

Windows 7 has the most drivers.  W8 only has a couple.

If you friend is missing a driver, please let me know the name of the device that needs a driver, and I will post a link to it.

If your friend wants to update the BIOS, then I suggest that he read the info I posted on this discussion at the link below...

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Business-PCs-Workstations-and-Point-of-Sale-Systems/Re-HP-Compaq-8200-...

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.