Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP DESKTOP-LA40SPE
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello

Can I firstly say I am not very good with computers. As long as it works I am ok. So I have a new PC - well 4 months old and I remember when I bought it I was quite pleased as it came with a lot of hard disk space - something like 1 TB. Now today I was looking at the folders and I noticed that I only have 163 GB of space left, but that there is another folder that has 1.3 TB called data.

So what is that folder? And why are all the programs going into the 'Windows' folder. 

Or is this ok.

Thanks.

Keith

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Silverwood 

HP DESKTOP-LA40SPEis an invalid model/product. Please use the following way to find what it is

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/bph07555

Looks like your machine has dual storage and Data folder is for you to keep your data. Is it D:\Data or Data (D:) or something else ?

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Hello

It is Data (D:)

At the moment it is empty.

Here is the PC details:

HP ENVY Desktop - TE01-0005na Product number   9EY83EA#ABU Serial number   [Private information removed] Any ideas on what this file is for or hoe to use it would be great. For example can you increase the windows folder? Or where programs install - eg Steam or Origin can you choose another folder?Keith  

HP Recommended

Is this D an extra hard drive?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.