Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP compaq elite 8000 desktop
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

When I attempt to turn on my computer all it does is turn the fans on. After the fans have been on for about 30 seconds, they turn off and repeat the process. After about 45 seconds of that the fans kick into overdrive, they do this until I turn it off. I didnt change the system in anyway before the change. I would provide an error but the screen wont turn on and there are no beep codes. Ive checked the wire connections to try to fix that issue without provail. Any sort of help would be amazing to have right now! Thank you!

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@RicochetAce -- check that any add-in graphics adapter card is fully "seated".

Check that the sticks of RAM are properly "seated".

Maybe, remove the 2nd (and 3rd and 4th) RAM sticks, leaving only the first stick connected, and then restart.

Instead of audio "beeps", do any lamps on the computer repeatedly flash in some pattern?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.