Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
OMEN 25L Desktop GT11-1000a (ID 1Z1B6AV)
Microsoft Windows 11

omen 25l desktop gt11-1000a

When the computer snoozes the square keeps blinking and the computer can't be turned on again by pressing the off/on button only by pulling out the electrical cord and putting it in again

24 REPLIES 24
HP Recommended

System is not shutting down correctly. Something is keeping it from sleeping, hibernating or whatever.

Look in the event viewer under "system" and "applications" for anything suspicious.  I have seen messages such as "app xyz has vetoed shutdown": but there are lot of possibilities not as obvious.

Bring up "tools" for the C drive and run the disk check then go back to event viewer and look for errors such as timeouts

Hope this helps!

Thank you for using HP products and posting to the community.
I am a community volunteer and do not work for HP. If you find
this post useful click the Yes button. If I helped solve your
problem please mark this as a solution so others can find it
HP Recommended

Thank you for your reply. But it seems as if I don't have a disk check on my computer.

HP Recommended

Using file explorer, right click on the "C" drive, select properties and then tools

BeemerBiker_0-1648144628598.png

just a guess that a required file might be on a bad sector and cannot be read and the system keeps retrying.

HP Recommended

Thanks for your answer. I scanned the disk and it said no errors found.

I looked under applications, I think. The computer is in Danish and the terms are not the same.

It looks like this . "Fejl" meaning error, and "Advarsel" warning. Seems like there is something wrong. What should I do?

Shawen_0-1648148658790.png

HP Recommended

Something doesn't seem right the error message is for an NVIDIA driver.   your product ID indicates you could have an AMD Radeon graphics or Nvidia RTX3070 but only the BIOS for the NVIDIA card is listed

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/omen-25l-desktop-pc-gt11-1000a/2100404877/model/210...

if you have that NVIDIA card please download GPU Z and confirm that you have the latest BIOS

94.04.3A.80.1F rev A

https://www.techpowerup.com/download/techpowerup-gpu-z/

I could not find a driver at the HP site so you'll have to go to NVIDIA or use the HP assistant.  I suspect the problem is the NVIDIA graphics driver

HP Recommended

I downloaded  the driver 

NVIDIA GeForce Driver for VR

30.0.14.7141 Rev.D820.7 MBSep 15, 2021

and now it show like this.

Shawen_0-1648189462779.png

And I tried to download BIOS and it says like this, Should I continue and hit OK?

Shawen_1-1648189723549.png

HP Recommended

The link I gave your earlier was for windows 10.  You have windows 11.  The drivers are different

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/omen-25l-desktop-pc-gt11-1000a/2100404877/model/210...

The windows 11 drivers do not list VBIOS for the nvidia board like the one for windows 10. 

Your nvidia VBIOS is                94.04.5A.00.F1  January 6, 2021

The VBIOS recommended is 94.04.3A.80.1F  March 29, 2021

I do know how HP numbers releases but normally the larger the number of more recent the release and 3A is lower than 5A which is not what one expects as March is more recent than January.

Do not update the VBIOS unless the updating software has an option to save the old VBIOS.

I assume you have bit locker enabled.  One of my kids enabled bit locker, forgot the password and failed to save the key.  You will have to allow access.

For now, please just update the NVidia driver.  Your driver is 3 months behind the one recommended by HP

BeemerBiker_0-1648221571812.png

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp134501-135000/sp134535.exe

If this driver does not help with removing those error messages then you may need to update the VBIOS.  It might be helpful to clear the event logs to make it easier to find new errors.

What version motherboard BIOS do you have?  The driver url (top url on this post) shows November 16, 2021 is latest motherboard bios.  Do you have that bios?

You can use cpu-z to find the bios or just reboot and press ESC

Updating bios is a potentially risky procedure.  It is suspicious that the VBIOS is available under windows 10 but not under windows 11.  Possibly HP just forgot to mention the VBIOS is available or assumed that any system bought with win11 has the correct VBIOS.

HP Recommended

I updated the NVidia driver through the link you gave me.

Is this the motherboard BIOS: 94.04.5A.00.F1 under BIOS version?

Shawen_0-1648225015017.png

HP Recommended

No, that is not the motherboard bios.  VBIOS is the firmware in the NVidia 3070 board (or chip)

CPU-z will show the motherboard bios.  For example, my Area51 is 5/27/2019 and 2.0.3

BeemerBiker_1-1648227511350.png

Does the event viewer show any more NVidia errors?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.