Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP All-in-One - 23-r110 (ENERGY STAR)
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I need to do a Win 10 in place upgrade to repair a bunch of  corruptions errors that are preventing Windows updates to install. The process requires that I populate my Win 10 product key. My HP all in one came with Win 10 64 bit installed so I have no clue what the product key is. Where can I find it? I was told by Microsoft to contact the manufacturer. I got my HP 23r 110 all in one in 2016 so its not supported .

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

Download and install the free Showkey Plus app from the Microsoft Store and it will show you the product key that is encrypted in your PC's BIOS.

ShowKeyPlus - Microsoft Store Apps

If you decide to clean install W10, you won't need to enter the product key.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hi:

Download and install the free Showkey Plus app from the Microsoft Store and it will show you the product key that is encrypted in your PC's BIOS.

ShowKeyPlus - Microsoft Store Apps

If you decide to clean install W10, you won't need to enter the product key.

HP Recommended

THANK YOU SO MUCH....Got it.

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

HP Recommended

The product key is on a label or card inside the box that Windows came in. For more info, contact the retailer that sold you Windows 10 or Windows 11.

HP Recommended

I didn't  buy the WIN10 software so there is no box. I bought my HP Alll in one several years ago and there was nothing with  it  with the product key info.  I used the Showkey app suggested earlier here  and it worked beautifully.

HP Recommended

@Johnharper241 

All PC"s that came with Windows 8 and newer from HP have the product key encrypted in the BIOS.

That is the same for all PC manufacturers.

Micrsoft instituted this change in 2012 when Windows 8 was introduced to market.

They did this to prevent the unauthorized transfer of an OEM Windows product key to be used from one PC to another.

There have been no Windows product key labels on the PC or in the box since Windows 7 came out on any new PC from any manufacturer.

HP Recommended

I was going to dig into the BIOS until one of our members told me about the ShowKey app. It works really well with all the info I needed and not all in the BIOS that I would have had to mine through. My HP all in one was purchased in 2016.Capture.JPG

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.