Highlighted
3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post

Solved!

Where is the boot devices

HP Recommended
Pavilion t448d

Hi there, I have a Pavilion t448d and was planning to install an OS via USB, but I can't seem to find the boot menu. It says COMPAQ and at the bottom says <F1=SETUP> <F10=RECOVERY> I have tried to click on f10 but only says insert boot device and tap enter to try again. The drive is formatted so I thought that maybe it might just get into the USB drive that is bootable. I have tried to install the OS via virtual box on my machine but 32x was not my cpu and installing 32 bit because it is very old. Boot priority has been usb and there is also the slave and master thing. I don't think USB is a ATAPI and also the boot mentioned that the usb was recognised. Hopefully I have given all info possible.

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Level 15
Level 15
23,389 23,330 2,148 5,075
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@ineedhelp404 

Master and slave -- I have had not heard those terms in a LONG time -- since back in the IDE drive days some years ago!

Most likely, your PC does not have a USB boot option, as those only appeared with newer PCs.  The older, really OLD PCs, had optical drives built in, as well as floppy disk drives and it was THESE that the PC was designed to boot from.

That said, there are others here more familiar with the details of really old equipment than me -- and they might be able to provide you a workaround that will allow you to boot from USB.

***If my post helped, click the White thumbs-up symbol to say thanks***

***Please mark Accept As Solution if my post solved your problem***

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
Highlighted
Level 15
Level 15
1,174 1,155 105 415
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello
indeed this old model cannot boot in USB
Whether you want to install as a version of windows, because if it is windows 10, it may be better to go your way

signature:
Expert volontaire :Forum Fr 17-10-2009 :
Sorry i'm using translate.google:
give the model and P/n product number of the device :
example: HP Phoenix h9-1228ef HPE product no.P / N: C0B64EA :
Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users:
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer / solution to the problem

Highlighted
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I see, really wanted to use it as a server.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Ok then, have a good day ahead!

0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation